Things you might like to know about Christmas...
1. Many parts of the Christmas tree can actually be eaten, with the needles being a good source of Vitamin C.
2. The chances of a white Christmas are just 1 in 10 for England and Wales, and 1 in 6 for Scotland and Northern Ireland
3. The tradition of putting tangerines in stockings comes from 12th-century French nuns who left socks full of fruit, nuts and tangerines at the houses of the poor..
4. Hanging presents on trees may come from the Druids who believed the tree was the giver of all good things.
5. The abbreviation Xmas isn't irreligious. The letter X is a Greek abbreviation for Christ.