Selby Watercolour Society Demonstration 6th April 2009
As promised, this is the painting as it was at the end of the demonstration
I completed the painting with the following steps:
- Further minor details were added to the background fishing huts & boats.
- The light area of water was developed by further pale washes of Cobalt Violet & Raw Sienna. A little white Gouache was used to add sparkle.
- The red Buoys were accentuated.
- The mooring posts were modified by lifting out some of the pigment against the sky.
- The reflections were completed by reinforcing the shapes, using Ultramarine Blue & Light Red. The light water between the reflections of the mooring posts was developed using white Gouache & Raw Sienna.
- Final details, such as the step ladder, various masts, mooring ropes etc., were added.
If you would like further information, please contact me.
We're both looking forward to visiting you again in 2010?!